TRAVELLING TO BRNO
There are two international airports close to Brno - in Prague and in Vienna.
For airport transfers to Brno you can use coaches of the company "Student Agency" that stop in the City centre.
For more information and reservations please consult webpages of this company Student agency
There are two bus stations in Brno - "Grand Hotel" and "Zvonařka".
Grand Hotel Bus station
The Bus station is located in the City centre opposite of the Grand Hotel, near the Brno central train station, which is the main bus stop for all "Student Agency" coaches. For schedules and reservations check eith the company "Student agency".
Zvonařka Bus station
The Bus station is located south of the City centre and is the main bus stop for other bus companies. Please check the firm "IDOS" for more information.
The central train station is located in the City centre at the main railway line (Berlin - Prague - Vienna - Budapest). For more information please consult the webpages of "Ceske drahy".
D1 Highway - from Prague and Ostrava
D2 Highway - from Bratislava
E461 Highway - from Vienna
TRAVELLING IN BRNO
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- Tickets for public transport can be bought at ticket machines (coins only) or at newspaper stands.
- Regular tickets are CZK 20,- for 15 minutes (incl. any transfers) and CZK 25,- for 60 minutes (incl. any transfers), or CZK 90,- for one day.
- Tickets are valid for all means of transport including trams, buses and trolley buses – do not forget to punch/validate them immediately after getting onto the means of transport
- For route planning, please use the special version of IDOS.
- Between the hours of 23:00 to 5:00, public transports operate according to the night regime (there are special night bus lines calling every hour) – consult IDOS to plan your route.
- Prices are around CZK 30,- per km + fixed sum of approx. CZK 40,- per ride.
- Recommended services: Lido taxi (+420 542 214 221), City taxi (+420 542 321 321)