Terms of trade for conferences held by Masaryk University
The terms of trade set up the providing of services in connection with selected conferences held by Masaryk University, residing at Žerotínovo náměstí 617/9, Brno, 601 77, IČ: 00216224 (further referred to as „University“); the University is a public university established by law. It has no legal obligation to register in the trade register, and is registered in the trade register kept by Brno Trades Licensing Office.
In some cases a contract will be concluded with the customer to supplement these terms of trade. The wording of this contract will be made accessible to the customer before the order is dispatched.
These terms of trade are valid and effective from 22nd September 2015.
I. Definition of contractual terms and expressions used
University – see the text above for definition.
Conference System –a web application containing detailed information about each conference, where the customer can place an order for their participation in the conference and related services.
Customer – the Customer refers to a person who orders fulfilment from the party of the University through the Conference System.
Consumer – the Customer who concludes a contract with the University or deals with it in another way outside the frame of their business activities or outside the frame of their individual performance of their employment.
Service – Service refers to fulfilment from the party of the University complying with the specification stated in the Conference System. It is mainly ensuring the participation in the conference and related services.
University Information System – the University Information System refers to the information system which is run by the University to support study administration, e-learning and communication within the school.
Contract – the Contract refers to a contract concluded between the Customer and the University by means of the Conference System.
II. The order and the concluding of a contract
1. Registered Customers and persons who have created a profile in the University Information System can place orders by means of the Conference System. Registration is achieved by means of filling in an electronic registration form and creation of a password to be used by the Customer to register in the Conference System. Persons who have created their profile in the University Information System (mainly employees and students of the University) can use this profile to place an order without having to register.
2. The customer is obligated to provide true and complete information when registering and is responsible for the damages that the University may incur if the Customer gives untrue or incomplete information. In case the Customer finds out that the registered data does not correspond to the truth, they are obligated to report the correct data by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
3. Orders can be placed by means of the applications of the Conference System and one order can include one or more items.
4.Before dispatching the order the Customer will be asked to check the order. This checking procedure is to find and eventually correct possible mistakes made during entering the data.
5. Placing an order according to paragraph 3 is considered to be the Customer´s proposal to conclude a Contract; the Customer places a proposal for concluding an individual Contract for each fulfilment in the order.
6. The University will inform the Customer about the receipt of the order by a message at the e-mail address given by the Customer in the registration form.
7. The University will inform the Customer about the acceptance or non-acceptance of the order (proposal to conclude an order) by a message at the e-mail address given by the Customer in the registration form.
8. The Customers who have created a profile in the University Information System, will be informed about the acceptance of the proposal by an e-mail in the University Information System (in the format „Customer´s student identification number“@mail.muni.cz).
9. The notification of the acceptance of the order will include details for making a payment, especially the account number, into which the payment shall be transferred, variable symbol and the total amount payable by the Customer.
10. Unless stated otherwise, a contract for work between the Customer and the University starts at the moment of the delivery of the notification in accordance with the previous paragraphs. Both parties are bound by this Contract and it can only be terminated in the cases stated by law, by a special contract (see the introductory provisions) or by these terms of trade.
III. Remuneration for the Service
1. Unless stated otherwise, the Customer can choose through the Conference System if the price for the Service will be paid by a bank transfer or a payment card into the account of the University.
2. The price for the Service is regarded as paid when the total amount is credited in the account of the University.
3. Unless stated otherwise, in the case of payment by a transfer into the account, the Customer is obligated to make the cashless transfer within 7 days following the day of sending the notification of the acceptance of the order, however before the opening of the conference at the latest. The payment has to be made in accordance with the payment details stated in the notification according to paragraphs 7 and 9 of article II.
4. Unless stated otherwise, the payment for Service can be made only in the currency in which the order is placed.
5. The customer bears all costs connected with the payment, including bank fees, costs emerging from an incorrect sending of a payment, and costs the University incurs from returning amounts when withdrawing from the Contract on the part of the University due to the full price of the Service not having been paid.
IV. Accounting, tax and other documents
1. Accounting and tax documents are issued only in electronic form and will be available in the overview of Customer´s documents in the form enabling them to be printed. Accounting and tax documents will not be sent to the customer in a printed form.
2. An amending document will be sent to the electronic address given in the registration form. An amending tax document is considered to be delivered on the day of sending to this address.
3. If the customer wishes to claim VAT, they have to provide their IČ (tax identification number), and in case of being a VAT payer, also their DIČ (VAT identification number) when registering or placing an order.
4. The date of the implementation of taxable fulfilment in the selling of Service through the Conference System is on the issue date of the tax document. The tax document for the Service is issued on the date of the first payment from the Customer being credited.
V. Withdrawal from the Contract
1. The University reserves the right to withdraw from the Contract in the following cases:
a) The Customer does not pay the full price for the ordered Service in the term given;
b) The University stops offering the ordered Service due to technical reasons or due to low demand for the Service.
2. If the Customer is the Consumer, they have the right to withdraw from the Contract without stating a reason within 14 days following the date of concluding the Contract.
In the case that the Customer, who is a Consumer, has asked the University to start the fulfilment before the withdrawal period expires, the Customer is obligated to reimburse the aliquot part of the price for the Service in case that the Service has already started to be provided.
In the case that the Customer, who is a Consumer, has asked the University to start the fulfilment before the withdrawal period expires, the Customer is not allowed to withdraw from the Contract in case the Service has already been provided to them.
3. The Customer will inform the University about the withdrawal from the Contract at the electronic address email@example.com. With the withdrawal, the Customer will provide an account number into which they request to have the paid amount refunded.
4. The University will confirm the receipt of the withdrawal from the Contract to the Customer.
5. In the case of withdrawing from the Contract on the part of the Customer, the University will return the paid amount to the Customer into the account provided by the Customer within 14 days. In the case that the Customer does not provide their account number, the University returns the payment by means of a postal money-order into the address provided in the order or in the registration.
6. The Customer can use the form of the Template of Withdrawal from the Contract to withdraw from the Contract, however it is not obligatory.
7. In order to comply with the period for withdrawing from the Contract, it is sufficient to send the withdrawal from the Contract to the University before the expiry date of the relevant period.
1. Preferably the communication between the Customer and the University is conducted in electronic form. In cases when it may be more efficient, the communication may also be conducted in writing, by telephone or in person.
2. The Customer communicates with the University through applications of the Conference System or through sending e-mails to the electronic address firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Communication on the part of the University will be directed to the e-mail address given by the Customer at registration or to the Customer´s address in the University Information System. The Customer is obligated to check this e-mail box regularly.
VII. Personal data protection
1. The University will treat the personal data in compliance with Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on the Protection of Personal Data, in the wording as amended.
2. Personal data of registered Customers will be kept in the University Information System for the period of registration, for the purpose of providing fulfilment, the protection of University interest protected by law and the fulfilment of obligations of the University given by law for the period of 5 years minimum. Personal data of non-registered Customers will be kept in the University Information System for the period of registration for the purpose of providing fulfilment, the protection of University interest protected by law and the fulfilment of obligations of the University given by law for the period of 5 years minimum. Only entitled employees of the University will have access to the personal data and personal data will not be passed to third parties to be processed with the exception of data necessary for informing the Customer about processing the order and the fulfilment according to the Contract.
3. By filling in the registration form or by placing an order the Customer agrees with their personal data provided in them to be processed in the way stated in paragraph 2 for the purpose of providing the ordered fulfilment. The Customer can cancel their agreement by cancelling the registration or by a written notification at the electronic address email@example.com.
4. If the Customer marks within the applications of the Conference System that they wish to receive information about the offers of goods and services of the University, this way they agree with the processing of their personal data in the way stated in paragraph 2 for the purpose of offering other goods or services. This agreement can be cancelled by means of the application of the Conference System or by a written notification at the electronic address firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIII. Final provisions
1. The University will archive all concluded Contracts and all documentation in electronic or printed form. Preferably a Contract is issued in electronic form and will be available in the overview of Customer´s documents in a form enabling it to be printed. In case the Contract is issued in a paper format, one of its copies will be handed over to the Customer after being signed by both contractual parties without any unnecessary delay.
2. In the case of discrepancy between a special contract (as described in the introduction of these terms of trade) setting up the rights and obligations of parties in connection with providing services within a certain conference and these terms of trade, the arrangements contained in the special contract apply. Unless the special contract states otherwise, these terms of trade are an integral part of the special contract being its appendix and the rights and obligations of parties which are not governed by the special contract, abide by these terms of trade.
3. Relations and possible disputes emerging based from within the Contract will be dealt with solely in accordance with the law of the Czech Republic and will be dealt with by the court of the Czech Republic.
4. The University normally concludes contracts in the Czech language. If the Contract is concluded in the Czech language, the University provides information in the Conference System in the Czech language and will deal with the Customer in this language for the entire period of the concluded Contract.
5. If the Contract is concluded in another language, the University provides data in the Conference System in this language and will deal with the Customer in this language for the entire period of the concluded Contract.
6. Prices for Services and data about them are valid on the date of their publishing.
7. By using Services the Customer does not acquire any rights to use brands, trade names, logos and other markings of the University or contractual partners of the University, unless agreed otherwise in specific cases by a special contract.
8. The Consumer can make a complaint at the electronic address email@example.com or approach a supervisory body or state supervisor with the complaint.